The Office of Donor Relations partners with colleges and units to aid donor recognition, engagement, communication and stewardship efforts and serves as a resource for tools, ideas and best practices.
University of Florida students gather to celebrate the philanthropic generosity of donors on Grateful Gator Day. Event activities highlight the importance and impact of private support across the UF campus and give students an opportunity to personally thank donors for their commitment.
Students receive free pizza and water, a sticker and T-shirts after writing a thank you note and stopping by a video/photography station to express their thanks.
Read More >>
Through Grateful Gator Day we:
- Educate students on the importance of philanthropy, which directly enhances their
education and student experience.
- Facilitate connections between students and donors.
- Encourage student gratitude toward donors.
- Help students see themselves as donors in the near future because UF is focusing on issues
they care about.
Impact of Private Giving:
- In 2015, gifts under $250 accounted for over $3.4M of support for University of Florida
students, faculty and programs.
- In 2015, 72,400 alumni, parents and friends made a gift to the University of Florida.
- 25% of donors to the University of Florida last year were first-time donors.
- With more than 950 student organizations, private support creates a holistic educational
experience for UF’s 50,000 students.
- Gifts from alumni, parents and friends provide critical resources to support the more than
9,000 active research projects across campus.
- Gifts from The Gator Nation support infrastructure on campus, ensuring that students have
access to spaces that foster collaboration, facilitate research and prepare future leaders.
Read Less <<
Our goal is to work collaboratively with development officers and unit donor relations personnel to create a world-class program, directed at the top 2% of the donor pyramid. The donor engagement team aims to work with donors in the major gift level space with active cultivation strategies in place.
Here are some examples of deliverables:
- Individual engagement plans
- High-end campus visits
- Personalized videos
- Beneficiary interactions
- Gift anniversary recognition
- Speaking opportunities
- Volunteer opportunities
- Award nominations
- Custom impact reporting
- High-level access to appropriate leadership
- Gift baskets
The President’s Council is the University of Florida’s leadership recognition society. It is named in honor of UF presidents, past and present, who have helped create and preserve the university’s legacy of distinction and excellence in research, education and service. Inclusion in the President’s Council is based on cumulative giving from generous alumni, friends and organizations.
Three recognition levels:
- Diamond: Cumulative Giving of $10 Million+
- Gold: Cumulative Giving of $1 Million+
- Silver: Cumulative Giving of $100,000+